Rather than drinking your smoothie, try chewing it. It's delicious! Acai is a Superfood, offering many health benefits. Here is my recipe from this morning, it was delicious!
"Acai berries grow on palm trees around the Amazon River regions. The trees grow up to 40 to 80 feet high without any branches. The berries are dark purple and look similar to blueberries. They contain powerful polyphenolic anthocyanin compounds such as resveratrol, cyanidin-3-galactoside (C3G), ferulic acid, delphinidin and petunidin. They also contain proanthocyanidin tannins such as epicatechin, protocatechuic acid and ellagic acid."
Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/042872_acai_berry_health_benefits_natural_antioxidants.html#ixzz3ZN5VxPNU
- Sliced seasonal organic fruit
- 1 tablespoon of organic toasted coconut (or unsweetened flakes)
- 1 frozen unsweetened acai smoothie pack (in frozen section at New Seasons)
- 1/3 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk (without carageenen, I use Pacific brand from New Seasons or Whole Foods) -
- 1 tablespoon of granola (Kind or Purely Elizabeth is my fav, try to look for low sugar content)
1. Combine acai + blueberries + coconut milk in blender and blend. *Be sure to blend on low and allow the fruit to become smooth without adding more liquid. You'll need the thick base to hold the toppings.
2. Top with granola, fruit and coconut.